Enjoy this expression of my musings. Click on "View Other Reflections by This Author" in the right column below my bio for additional reflections. I would love to see your reflections. Share your reflections by contacting me at mmjagger1946@gmail.com

Sunday, February 2, 2020

ANTICIPATION

About the Poem:  I retired as a full time professor of English and romanticized my life in retirement to be carefree and bound for wherever my dreams would take me! True at first, but I found I liked to teach after all and am back teaching writing part-time! 

And still I am indulging my wanderlust at the same time!



            Anticipation of endless days

Of shiftless days, a dreamy veil of days

Like ribbons of highway, stretching endlessly

A mirage, winding aimlessly—nowhere bound
Adrift upon landscapes rising up
To meet a constellation awashed with twinkling stars
Beckoning me towards unknown destinations

...A life well lived

...A job well done

At last!  No cares, retirement-- my playground, the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment